Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Mystery Thickens

Yes, I still write my first draft by long hand at the kitchen table
Hello All,

Today my new novel, Mystery At Snake River Bridge, goes on sale as an e-book.  It's loosely based on the strange case of Reverend Thomas Bird, a Lutheran minister who went to prison for murdering his wife in the late 1980s.  Reverend Bird was also tried for murdering his mistress's husband, but wasn't convicted.  To this day, Reverend Bird, as well as many of his congregants and friends, claim he's innocent.  If so, who killed his wife?  And, who killed his mistress's husband?

Why did I fictionalize this case?   First, I'm not a journalist.  Fiction is my forte.  Second, and more importantly, my relatives were members of Reverend Bird's Emporia, Kansas, church.  Reverend Bird confirmed my cousin.  Using this as a springboard, the character of Kodak came to life for me -- a teenage boy, struggling with the loss of his mother,  having to come to grips with the fact his spiritual leader might be a murderer.  There are twists and turns and plenty of suspense along the way.

Mystery At Snake River Bridge is available through Wild Child Publishing (www.wildchildpublishing.com) for around $3.99.  Just download and enjoy.

Till Next Time...

No comments: