Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy!

As I write this, the winds are kicking up and the storm is barreling toward us here in NYC.  We've stockpiled canned food, lots of water, batteries for the flashlights and radio.  Logan and Jett are thrilled to be out of school.  Hopefully, we're prepared.  Heather arrived on a flight from Nashville, her plane being the last to get into La Guardia before it shut down.  Here we are in the busiest city in America and there are no subway, trains, or planes moving.  Eerie.  So, now, we wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers to everyone on the East Coast.
In heavenly Love abiding,
No change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding,
For nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me,
My heart may low be laid;
But God is round about me,
And can I be dismayed?